Update and some upcoming things. Revisiting old games and doing more writing.

It has certainly been a while since I put anything up on here. There are many reasons for that, main ones being the focus on YouTube and Twitch I have had over the last two years but now feels like the right time to get back to writing more.

If you have been following me recently you know that I used to work in the games coverage business, I don’t use the phrase games journalism as it carries quite a lot of baggage these days. I wrote for a website that used to be called PlayerAffinity.com which was then later rebranded as EntertainmentFuse.com after I left. I worked there for a little over 3 years and even though it wasn’t a paid position I genuinely loved doing it. I wrote mainly features and reviews for the first year or so and eventually became a lead for the console department. I won’t go super in depth on this as I did a whole podcast covering this which is below if you would like to know more. 

 

As you can imagine I used to love to write about the video games and it’s not something I stopped liking it’s just something that went away with time. The internet was a very different place 12 years ago and with the push for video everything, written work soon became something hardly anybody was interested in. That is something I think is a real shame, it’s hard to write well. I don’t consider myself a great writer but with how low the standards have dropped over the last few years I feel like I can certainly bring something to the table that has become absent from the industry.

Which leads me to this post and the reason for reviving this old blog of mine. I love to revisit old games, I feel like the old debate of “are games art” doesn’t pop up that much anymore but much like other forms of art games can change with time. Playing an old game in a different era can drastically alter how you look at it, games once thought timeless and eternal classics can really show their age in ways you never expected them to. Some games that you thought would age like cheese in direct sunlight can surprise you at how well they have stood the test of time.

So with that I will leave you with a little video below, as much as I love reading one has to be aware that in this day and age people don’t click on anything that doesn’t have a thumbnail somewhere. The first entry in this will be about Bioshock which I replayed and there will definitely be other stuff that pops up on here too. This will be somewhere I use to post about things that have nothing to do with games or Ninja Gaiden from time to time as well.

 


See you around on here I hope  Ask any questions you have down below and if I get enough pile up I’ll do a Q&A session every now and then.

Peace,

JTB.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Master Collection and managing the NG addiction.

What I've been playing lately 03/06/2021

Ninja Gaiden Black - Segmented Master Ninja Speedrun Thoughts